Welcome to Hayabusa
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Feinto's Application

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_Feinto_*

Guest_Feinto_*
  • Guests

Name: Jon
Your main character's in-game name: Feinto
Battle Rank:12

Squad Beacon?: Y
Outfit history: Draugar, AoAy
Times available: Couple nights a week between 5pm and 3am

Online gaming history: Halo PC, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo REACH, Quake LIVE, Unreal Tournament, League Of Legends, Heros Of Newerth, Starcraft, Starcraft 2. 

Been playing video games as early as Mario brothers as a child. Fast forward a few years and we have an N64, immediately purchasing GoldenEye, Starcraft64 and Perfect Dark. Not exactly 'online' gaming but back then, its all we had and beating everything on the hardest difficulty was always an easy pass time.

My online career began in Halo PC. I quickly became the neighborhood hero and then Halo 2 came out. Online on xbox was crazy, LAN tournaments every month consisting of FFA's and 4v4 CTF, 4v4 Slayer, 4V4 BOMB etc. and 1st place was constant until halo 3 came out. We built a halo community in our province of Canada with MLG pro players starting to attend and thus making a name for myself and finally came out as a Top 8 player in Canada going into the US as a top 16 competitor. 

I've always been a fan of Quake made it into the highest tier being T4 with an ELO of 2100, Unreal Tournament casual play, Played CoD4 and MW2 competitively on Game-battles making the top of the ladder for 2 seasons. And now its just a casual game and being banned usually for 'aimbot' or hacking. 

And of course League of Legends, I played serious for a season and made it to Platinum from bronze 5. Main support. 

Tried HON but didn't have anyone to play with. 

As the years go by, I needed to make a decision because as a teenager I believed I didn't need an education if I could make more money by just playing video games.. So I ended up quitting and thankful I did because I look at the community I left and it shrunk, with prize pools not as high and the game not the same. Nowadays I play on my free time! 

Why you should accept me: I'm a team player first and objective oriented. I see what needs to be done and do it. I'm very mechanically inclined when it comes to numbers and I'm able to adapt to a new play-style quickly. Mind-games and awareness in game are also a specialty when it comes to strategy especially in a group who are all on the same page and I'd love to contribute my skill set to a awesome group of people.  

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

Jon

https://www.youtube....h?v=r78Lu8WmVKA Quick Clip. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=3XDw_IEbme8 LAN FFA HFAX Finals Part 1 of 2. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=w8ui8lzAhg4 LAN FFA HFAX Finals Part Deux.

Terafir

Terafir

Advanced Member

• HAYABUSA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationThe Battlestations

Hey there, good to meet you.

How did you hear about us and what made you want to join?

And how long have you been playing Planetside?

Guest_Feinto_*

Guest_Feinto_*
  • Guests

HI Terafir,

I found you guys through the outfit tab in-game. I was in the midst of making my own outfit for teamwork being over powered, I thought hey these guys sounud like they've got it, lets see whats's going on.

I've been playing planetside over a year I'd say. I made a VS account because I realized I chose the wrong group when I first joined, I had no idea what I was doing so I just clicked on stuff. I made it to BR of 50 something and just brought up my K/D to positive after being down from .04 in the span of a few months. 

Nexium

Nexium

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 382 posts

You had me at GoldenEye. I will get you an invite to the outfit if I see you online. I have been busy lately with work and life but I'm trying to get some more gaming in when I can. 

Terafir

Terafir

Advanced Member

• HAYABUSA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationThe Battlestations

I plan to play at least a bit tonight, so if I see you I'll shoot you an invite.

Mumble is basically a necessity if you want to run with us; you can find the download and server information here. Let us know if you have any issues.

Drippyskippy

Drippyskippy

Advanced Member

• HAYABUSA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationLand of Lincoln

A fellow former Halo player. What was your favorite Halo game and why was it Halo 1? What was the highest skilled weapon in all of the Halo games and why was it the Halo 1 pistol? I played Halo 1 semi-competitively in my youth, though I didn't actually attend any MLG events. I went to smaller tournaments and would occasionally run into regular MLG players who would destroy everyone. I'm a bit surprised with all the FPS experience that you have that you started out with a low K/D in PS2. Granted, PS2 is very different than most arena based death match shooters out there.

Making a living playing Halo back then wasn't really an option unless you had OGRE in your name or were on Final Boss. You literally had to be a top 10 player to have a chance at making any money. Nowadays though Esports has blossomed quite a bit and if you choose the correct game (Dota 2, LoL, CSGO) you can make a solid living if you're good enough to get on a sponsored team with a regular salary.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users